Friday, July 11, 2008

AARF, AARF

What up, dog ? AARF, of course, is not a barking dog, but the quarterly magazine Antiques and Art Around Florida.

The latest issue, Summer-Fall, features the story that I wrote about the market history and recent sale of an important Harold Newton painting. I'm very pleased that the editors found the story interesting enough to publish, and I'm especially pleased that they didn't edit out my favorite parts, as some of my advance readers thought they might, or even should.

So go find a copy and read it.

Eventually, I think, they'll post a link to it on their website, then we'll link to it from "buy-sell-trade", too.

This morning I started to work on getting our new winter-spring show schedule set and posted on the website. Quandaries abound. Shows that I've done in the past are now competing with each other for the same weekend slots more so than in the past, it seems. The idea occurred to me that maybe I should post the show we'll be attending on a certain date and also note the competing shows we have to miss right beneath with a big NOT ATTENDING . Why bother ?
Our local customer base, as tiny as it may be in some areas, might be expecting us in Venice, but we'll be in Sanibel that particular weekend.

Then there's the problem of disappointing the promoters of the shows that we can't attend because we're giving our money to their competitors that weekend. Who to leave in, who to leave out.

I say "started" working on it because I got tired of it real fast and decided to shelf the busy-work on the schedule for now.

That's the beauty of working for oneself, you can just say "screw it" and start the weekend early.

See ya.

No comments: