Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This song got stuck in my head.......

.........early this morning, and I don't really know why. I don't think I've actually heard it for ages.

So I thought I'd sing it to you, hopefully get it out of there.

I think it was done by Marty Robbins about fifty years ago. Back in the radio days. Jeez, that's five DECADES.

I see some parallels to the news as it's reported by today's media and the way they hook the public into listening to their slanted reports of the economy, causing widespread anguish, the gnashing of teeth, and most importantly, a fear of spending any money.

Whoever wrote the song was tired of the headlines of the day, same as I am.

If you're under thirty years old, you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but history repeats itself. You're probably not reading this, anyway, so go back to your XBox and kill a bunch of imaginary people. Or play Rock Band and pretend you're Steven Tyler, or that other girl, Freddie Mercury. :O)

(Not that there's anything wrong with, ahem, that). :O)

OK, now I'm singing..............................

"Let's think about living
Let's think about loving
Let's think about the hooping and the hopping and the bopping
And the lovey dovey doving

Let's forget about the whining and the crying
And the shooting and the dying
And the fella with the switch blade knife
Let's think about living
Let's think about life."

The only way the economy will continue to improve is if the public can improve their collective mindset.
More of you have to stop sitting on your hands and go out and spend some money.
Cash HAS TO FLOW for us to rise from the bottom of this cycle.

Forget about the whining and the crying.
What we need is a good kick in the ass.

Like I said, I'm old school.

No comments: