Sunday, April 11, 2010

Highwaymen art market economy

Oh, I don't really know why, but I just felt like posting this.

It's not brand new, and it's country, but it's still apropos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_exPnlC3wpY&feature=related

Here are the lyrics so you can sing along.

my daddy taught me in this country everyones the same
you work hard for your dollar and you never pass the blame
when it don't go your way
now i see all these big shots whining on my evenin' news
about how they're losin' billions and its up to me and you
to come runnin' to..
the rescue
well pardon me if i don't shed a tear
cause they"re sellin' make believe
and we don't buy that here

(chorus)
cause in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down
while the boss man takes his bonus pay and jets on out of town
and DC's bailin' out them bankers as the farmers auction ground
yeah while they're livin' it up on wall street in that new york city town
here in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down
here in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down

well that old man's been workin' in that plant most all his life
now his pension plan's been cut in half and he can't afford to die
and its a cryin' shame
'cause he ain't the one to blame
and when i look down and see his callused hands
well let me tell yah friend it gets me fightin' mad

(chorus)
yeah while they're livin' it up on wall street in that newyork city town
here in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down
here in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down
in the real world they're shuttin' detroit down
they're shuttin' detroit down..

But, then again, I may be a city boy, but I can relate to this song.
I know, more country, but Hank Jr. knows we'll get through this, eh ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg&feature=related

Cycles. We're in one always.
Good times followed by bad times followed by good times and on and on...
on and on, on and on.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W680FpMB78Y


Got the sun on my shoulders.............

No comments: