Friday, December 11, 2009

So ....... happy Chanukah

So ....... happy Chanukah.

So........ always remember, a Jew disconnected from his roots and ignorant or unappreciative of his heritage is ready prey for the foreign waters that offer to quench his spiritual thirst.

I know these things as an "honorary" Jew since 1973, the honor bestowed upon me by the reigning Jews on the streets of Downtown Boston, in the heart of the financial district where the 7 storefront shops for rare coins, bullion, and most importantly the two high rise Jewelers buildings on Washington St. gleam in the shadow of the State House at the corner of the Boston Common.

My gift was from Myron Berton, Goldman, Goldstone, Leventhal, Kracov, Jack Stone, Sam Stone, Joe and Shirley Lipson, Herb Melnick, and even young Bruce Kutcher, (who is immortalized in my 1975 wedding pictures in a splendid pale green bell bottom jump-suit a la Elvis, complimented by a matching sombrero pimp hat).

Each and every one of them a sharp old school Jewish businessman.

Ah, the lessons I learned in nine years on Bromfield Street buying and selling have allowed me to keep dis bidness, this game of knowledge, running for like thirty more years.

Buy low, sell high, keep your word.

And always appear to be a mensch.

Know what I'm sayin' ?

No comments: